Abdomen is said to be a Pandora’s box. There are multiple causes of abdominal pain.
Simple causes of abdominal pain includes gastritis or gastric upset, infection in intestines (acute gastro-enteritis), chronic constipation, IBS ( Irritable bowel disease)
More complex and severe pain is seen in
- Diseases of pancreas, formerly known as pancreatitis (swelling of pancreas)
- Swelling of appendix- appendicitis
- Some liver diseases like hepatitis and liver abscess
- Obstruction of intestines- acute or sub-acute intestinal obstruction
- A tumor in any abdominal organ can cause pain in abdomen.
And many more reasons we find in our clinical practise.